La Clave de Libertad

Friday, June 27, 2008 at 12:58 PM

La Clave de Libertad, originally uploaded by mmvgonzales.

In my dream i am frantically searching for my friend Eva and a German Sheperd. I climb a big hill to find a Spanish Galleon afloat on rough seas. I board it and find myself searching the ship for Eva and the dog. The dog scares me but it belongs to her and is important. I keep getting guided to various areas of the ship. I finally give up and let her and the dog go. I am then handed an old fashioned key with  a bird (an eagle I think) handle made of precious red stone and inlay mother of pearl. I am immediately at peace and know I have been given a very special gift. I hold it in the palm of my hand and can sense its power. I know I must be careful with it: it will open many doors for me if I use it wisely. I cannot get the key out of my head so a week after dreaming about I chose to try and reproduce it today. It was much more beautiful in my dream.

9 comments

  1. Teri Says:

    This is all very interesting and so significant in your life. I'm glad you chose to paint it because someday you may know what the key represents.

  2. I never thought of an illustrated journal of dreams. Brillian idea. Wonderful parrot (?) and rich symbolism. Best to you.

  3. Anita Davies Says:

    I'm guessing but .......
    There is always an element of guilt when we greive, having to let someone go to move on is essential but guilt moves in when ever we try, pulling us back making us feel we haven't showed them enough respect because it's only been 'so long'...we should be greiving more.
    Perhaps, this key was given you as a reward for letting them go to show you that it is ok, it's not something you should feel guilty about, perhaps it understands that they will always be there, in your heart and this is the key that will allow you to open it from time to time and remember them without guilt but with love and happiness?
    Who knows?
    ((Love your sketch!))

  4. mARTa Says:

    Wow, I love all your insights. In some ways I think it too that I am freeing myself from the very busy life of an extremely stressful career and life. I'm not sure if it's a parrot or eagle...so I tried to make it look like both! LOL!

  5. Anonymous Says:

    Your eagle looks very wise and benevolent.

  6. I love the expression on that parrot's face. What an interesting dream, and Anita's interpretation is incredible. I'm glad you felt at peace when it was over - that's the important thing.

  7. sandy Says:

    I enjoyed BOTH the dream and the painting.

    More!!! More!!! Illustrated dreams. That's a great idea.

  8. Anonymous Says:

    Lovely colours...sounds to me your dream and reality was closely interwoven...and I think the key did open up the door to peace and opportunities?
    ronell

  9. Anonymous Says:

    What a phenomenal dream and painting! I love the name too. The dream seems so filled with portents of coming wonders and freedom and power. No wonder you couldn't forget it!

mARTa's Art | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com