Beach Sketches

Friday, October 10, 2008 at 7:40 PM
Joe 3, Rudy 1San Clemente Beachautumn color on the beach

We just got back from spending a few days at the beach with friends.  The crisp October days were wonderful for walking the shoreline or napping on warm sand.  The guys took their fishing poles and we had fun cheering them on when they caught something.  This year Joe beat Rudy 3 to 1.  But Rudy's one was a large lepard shark so I think it out wins Joe's 3 little sand sharks.

I enjoyed sketching Joe as he set up his pole, the distant coastline where the Western White House (Nixon's) sits, and exploring the colors of the seaweed washed onshore.  I haven't forgotten my Guatemala sketches though and will soon find time to get color into those.  But tomorrow I leave again for the weekend to Long Beach as I am running a 5k there on Sunday.  Wish me luck!

3 comments

  1. Deborah Says:

    Great job on Joe, I love the scribble lines. I really like the contour type sketch of the seashore. Very simple but very effective. Good luck with the 5K!

  2. Claudia Says:

    I like our drawings, well done!

  3. Anita Davies Says:

    Wonderful sketch of Joe.
    Good luck with the run.

mARTa's Art | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com