Self portrait in nupastel

Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 8:18 PM

Self portrait in nupastel, originally uploaded by mmvgonzales.

a little less mean, old or tired. Lots of things wrong with this: muddy color (I haven't played with pastels in over 10 years...forgot how to apply them!), my eyes are bit too 'bug eyed' (but I really do have large eyes), proportions are a bit offf (I sat on a balance ball while drawing this...too much movement!) and a bunch of other stuff. But what I do like is that it's more like the 'real me.'

4 comments

  1. Wow! I think it's wonderful, Marta. Very, very you and very painterly. I love the confident freedom on your marks, particularly in the clothing.

  2. Quilt knit Says:

    Gorgeous Marta! Wonderful rendering. Love all the breezy marks. Truly shows mastery of the pastels.
    Sherrie R.

  3. Linda Says:

    Marta! I really love the warms and cools in this -- how beautiful!

  4. sandy Says:

    Yes! Now you're talking. I think you did a great job.

    sandy

mARTa's Art | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com