Christmas Cactus

Sunday, February 4, 2007 at 5:00 PM

I don't know why this Christmas cactus begins to bloom weeks after Christmas is over. I am actually amazed that it has already survived several Christmas' (houseplants usually die on me).

I signed up for an open studio class at our local art museum. Because of work commitments I can only attend a couple times a month. On my first session the instructor gave me the syllabus and a materials list. She wants us to use a limited palate and so in doing this little sketch (in my new moleskein sketchbook) I used only those colors.

I guess I should go downstairs now and hang out with the old guy who's watching the Superbowl alone :(

1 Responses to Christmas Cactus

  1. You do lovely work. I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

mARTa's Art | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com