I've decided I really...

Sunday, February 18, 2007 at 8:06 PM






don't care for the Moleskine sketchbook. The paper doesn't hold up to my abuse as I try to lay in watercolor washes. But I do love the Moleskine Watercolor Sketchbook. The paper is creamy and really holds up when laying in the watercolor.

This was a wonderful weekend. Yesterday's outing to the theater was fun and I sketched in the MS but when adding watercolor the paper frustrated me. I did a skyline view of Los Angeles and the interior of the theater just before the curtain rose.

Today we drove out to the Huntington Library and Gardens to check out the new Chinese Garden which is in it's first phase of construction. It's going to be beautiful when done! This sketch is in the MS watercolor book. I used masking fluid on this one to preserve some whites. I think I was close to mudding up this sketch so I stopped. I'm not sure if I like this or not. But everyday I learn something new so I keep trodding along.

0 comments

mARTa's Art | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com