Dreaming in Watercolor

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 at 5:44 PM






I awoke this morning with the image of the Chinese Garden in my head and instantly knew what is wrong with it. It has no focal point and the arches are smack in the middle. I should have walked around more to find a better point of view. The bridge comes from nowhere and goes nowhere. Next time I go out to sketch, before just plotting myself down on the ground, I'm going to do some prep work.


Today I decided to start some working sketches for a portrait a co-worker wants me to do of her boys. I told her "I don't know, I'm not that good." She thinks I am good enough I suppose so I agreed. It's harder for me to work from a photo I didn't take myself or have never met this child. I don't even know his name! This pencil sketch finally met my expectation and will work from this to attempt a watercolor. I want to pick up some graphite paper to transfer the image or make a sheet myself. I'm going to leave it alone for a few days for now.

0 comments

mARTa's Art | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com