It's just paper

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 9:36 PM


I was thinking grand today and ended up with awful. This morning Dianne and I went downtown for breakfast, some shopping at the farmer's market and lots of picture taking for possible paintings. I came home and got started right away. And when I thought the first one awful (the one with the 3rd figure) I attempted once again leaving out the young man. Well neither one works for me so they both go in the ruined paper pile (that pile is getting bigger and bigger). Why is it that some days the painting paints itself and other days I am fighting through the whole process? Happy Mother's Day to all...

2 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Isn't it horrible that we are all perfectionists at heart? I am learning from Karen's wisdom to say "what did I learn from doing this?" -and then letting go and being happy with that! I have all of my "not loved" pages still in my sketchbook so I can't avoid seeing them.

  2. Love to colorful flower pics.

    BTW: You have been tagged. To check it out have a look at my blog!

mARTa's Art | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com