Ah, so where am I today?

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Ah, originally uploaded by mmvgonzales.

IMG_0054
click on this Lichtenstein photo to see the rest of the photos from todays adventure.

I had a great day!  I had tickets for the members only preview of the new museum at LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art):  BCAM (Broad Contemporary Art Museum).  I loved the building, the galleries and had lots of fun roaming the building and grounds.  

"NO PHOTO"  is all I heard today.  LOL!  But I got lots of pictures with my treasured iphone and only got barked at twice.  I normally do not take photos at museums but thought it only fair that if I was spending a day drinking champagne and discovering a new museum....all my blogging friends should get a look also.  If you live in the area or are planning a visit...GO see the new LACMA and it's fine collections.  Also on display now are many pieces of Picasso, Matisse, Giancometti and many others.  


BCAM
3 1/2 by 5 1/2 inches in small moleskine wc sketchbook. 

LA Skyline
5 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches in small moleskine wc sketchbook.

Sent from me and my cool iPhone


6 comments

  1. Sandy Says:

    What a fun adventure!!

  2. Quilt knit Says:

    OH! I yearn to be there! Yummy Champagne.
    Did you remember to switch to silent mode so noone can here the click on the iPhone when it takes a photo? It is at the top. i Love to take photos with my iPhone. It is the tops.
    Sherrie

  3. Deborah Says:

    Thanks for sharing your pics. I heard the museum is very interesting. Looks like another fun day. Nices sketches as well.

  4. sandy Says:

    sounds great..nice sketches.
    sandy

  5. Ai Says:

    That sounds like a perfect day for an artist. Thanks for sharing. Nice sketches.

  6. Jana Bouc Says:

    Fabulous sketches that really capture not only the sights of the city but also a feeling of the weather and light on those days. And I finally got an iPhone too and LOVE it!!! I haven't figured out how to post from it though (and haven't needed to yet. But did you actually photograph your sketches with the phone? How cool!)

mARTa's Art | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com