Culinary Art

Friday, February 15, 2008 at 5:57 PM
Valentine's Day Cooking Class

Rudy and I rarely spend Valentine's Day together; he being a fireman and me a nurse, many times one or both of us is working.  But yesterday we were both off and so we signed up for a cooking class at a local Cooking Store.  What a great plan that was!
After signing in we found two spots near the front.  The front was a large kitchen with tv screens set up and directed at the counters and stove top.  The tables were set up so pretty with fresh rose buds and napkins folded into hearts in the wine glasses.  We were given all the recipes to take home for the dinner we would be eating.
Then the fun got started.  They came around and poured the wine and began the 'lesson'.  First up were Duck Canapes with Port Demi Glace.  I can't even begin to describe how delicious they were!  And not that difficult to fix so I might try this appetizer some future date.
Next a crab salad with avocado relish and citrus vinaigrette dressing on a bed of greens.  I alread was so lost in the experience that I forgot to take a photo!
A champagne intermezzo was severed next to cleanse the pallet.  Mint leaves and cut up kiwi were placed in the flute and the champagne poured over.  We then all got up for a break, flute in hand to browse the store and shop. LOL!  I bought a big skillet and some other fun stuff!
Next we learned how to make beef Wellington with Béarnaise Sauce.  And then we ate.  Oh my gosh......to die for!!!!!  
I was so close to gastronomic orgasm by this time that I was almost afraid to have my dessert:  Creme Brulee  topped with a chocolate covered strawberry.  I almost forgot to snap an iphone photo so that is why it's half eaten.
Yes, the evening continued in this way with the pi de resistance coming at home, late into the night..........sigh.......... Definitely the best Valentine's Day I've ever experienced...well except for the one when Adam was conceived, but that's another story.

Duck Canapes Beef Wellington with Bernaise Sauce Creme Brulle with Chocolate Strawberries

4 comments

  1. Teri Says:

    What a fun thing to do and it sounds like so much fun!

  2. Quilt knit Says:

    Oh! How Lucky you both were on Valentine's Day!
    Wow! My favorite the Creme Brulee! Yummy Day for You!
    Sherrie

  3. quirkyartist Says:

    Thank you for your Valentine's Day greetings. You must have brought me luck. An Italian man gave me a longstemmed pink rosebud.

    BTW I am a kiwi. I'm not kidding! That's why we always say kiwi-fruit, because we call ourselves kiwis.

  4. What a wonderful way to spend Valentine's Day, Marta. The starters had my mouth watering.

mARTa's Art | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com