In 3 days.........

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 10:23 AM

Packing, originally uploaded by mmvgonzales.

I will be taking a 1am flight and arriving at my destination around 8am. I am all packed now and ready to go. I've had all my vaccines, documents ready, and just need to go purchase travel insurance today in case of medical emergency. I have everything packed in my carryon backpack and will also take my small backpack with my little art day pack stuffed inside it along with what I need on the plane.
I haven't forgotten to bring along insect repellant, medications in case of diarrhea or infection and femine hygine supplies which unfortunately I still need!
For the little time I will have to be creative i have brought along my art supplies and a small camera with video capabilities. Most of my time will be spent with doctors and other nurses working with families and children.
I am both excited and a bit apprehensive about this trip. But mostly, excited!!!

If you click on the photo it will take you to Flickr and you can see all the notes I've attached to this photo about what exactly goes inside my backpack!

8 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Hi Marta!
    I'm SO out of the loop with not being around for so long...I have no idea where you're off to! Will have to check your earlier posts now to catch up, but by the spread I see on your bed, it looks like somewhere fun and exciting! I hope you enjoy!
    And I love the new look of your blog...it's delicious!
    Ronell

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Nope...can't find where you're going. Is it still to be revealed in 3 days?
    ronell

  3. Linda Says:

    Oooh -- I can't wait to see where you're going! Someplace exciting -- I'll bet in South America on a medical mission trip ... whatever, I'm sure you're going to have a great time and be a great asset!

  4. I don't know where you're going, either.. but I hope you have a great time! (Love the java cup)

  5. Sharon Says:

    I know it's going to be some place wonderful! I'm looking forward to finding out. I'd like to go somewhere without TV or internet until the election is over...

  6. I too have searched and searched posts in your blog and flikr but cant find out where you are going and have prepared so wondefully for. It sounds like a mission of aid when you hope to get a chance of a couple of sketches. Hope all goes well - take care and then tell all. Your viewing public await your return. Before you go, just to say admire your thorough approach to beginning oils - you put us to shame. I just blab it on and hope for the best mainly mixing my colours on canvas!!??

  7. sandy Says:

    Marta, have a great time. Had to laugh at your "feminine needs" that you still need...

    hahaha, be glad you still need them otherwise, you become an old crone like me with no hormones running in your body at all, unless they're testosterone making you more ballsy and aggressive..ha


    s

  8. Quilt knit Says:

    Tally Ho! and Away You Go!

    Have a fun Marta!

    ((( Circle of Adventure Hugs)))

    Sherrie Roberts

mARTa's Art | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com