Oil Painting Supplies

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 7:50 PM

Oil Painting Supplies, originally uploaded by mmvgonzales.

arrived today!!!!!
I have begun my new oil painting class and am so excited to get started! When my supplies arrived this evening via UPS I couldn't wait to tear open the boxes. I asked my Aaron to just grab a razor blade to slice open the seals. Well, he did more than that. He opened, found the packing list and proceeded to take each item out one by one and check them off. I was reaching in to open a box of tube paints and he said, "woa mom, I'm doing this." LOL! But I wasn't too let down by not getting to tear into everything and thought it sweet that he was enjoying checking out all the new stuff (even if he didn't have a clue as to what gesso is and what its used for).
My dilemma now is that I want to begin my first assignment: color charts, but if I start them at home, how do I get them to school without smearing the whole thing????? I hadn't thought of that!!! Any susgestions?

10 comments

  1. sandy Says:

    Well I have no suggestions for you...

    but I sure covet your supplies.

  2. Deborah Says:

    I believe there are boxes you can get that have slots to hold certain size canvases for traveling back and forth. No personal knowledge mind you, just seen some friends with these.

  3. Oh its so exciting when you get in new art materials and it must mean its your first try at using oils. They are wonderful fun, so blendable and almost sensual to use. There are canvas carriers on the market - like a pair of boards with clips, so you dont have to touch the wet painting - just have to be careful where you lay it down. You dont say which oil paints you decided to purchase - there are so many on the market but I fell in love with the scrumptuous Michael Hardings - colours are so vibrant. Only disadvantage is they are hand made and take a long time to dry.

  4. Oh boy - I can't wait to see where you go with this, Marta! I'll be watching closely to see if I can learn something.

  5. Anonymous Says:

    me too! and ooh the joy of collecting more art supplies! :D eagerly waiting for your next post.

  6. Nancy Says:

    The boxes are called "Panel Carriers" and there are some inexpensive ones out there...but you have to buy the size that you already have (8x10)(11x14)etc.

    However...save your pizza boxes..they make great panel carriers..as long as you keep them as you would a pizza. You can put all your color charts in there...side by side and carry them around. Also your panels too.

    You can get the cardboard panel carriers at www.pochade.com they have wood ones too for much more moola.

    Have fun oil painting! Great you are doing color charts!

    Nancy

  7. df Says:

    You definately have the best layout ever, for your blog. Good luck with your new art supplies.

  8. I can understand why your son checked out the stuff in the parcel. I would have loved to unpack the drawing supplies too. :)

  9. Anonymous Says:

    AND you've started with oil paints...! wonderful
    ronell

  10. Ai Says:

    Marta, have fun with another exciting medium. May your advanture begin. Ai

mARTa's Art | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com