Bergamont Park

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 2:06 PM

Bergamont Park, originally uploaded by mmvgonzales. edm#145...draw a tree in autumn

This is my neighborhood. After traveling thousands of miles from home I realized I'd never done a sketch of the place I call home. I live in the suburbs in Riverside, California, US. about 60 miles (100 kilometers) east of Los Angeles. Our town is a little over 100 years old and was once a big citrus producer. Very few orange groves remain now.
This sketch is from this morning's walk. I had every intention of a nice long walk but instead walked about 5 minutes out my door to the local park I decided that yesterday's winds had given way to a beautiful (smoke free) blue sky and I should capture the scene today. The park, unlike those I saw in europe, is usually void of people in the day time. We are all too busy to just go promanade around this delightful little green square. But late in the afternoon the children come out to play or gather for soccer or ball practice. Some of the teenagers sit on the benches and smoke while other play on the basketball courts. Other people just come by while walking the dog or as part of their exercise routine. I never did finished my walk this morning......

Moleskine, watercolor

4 comments

  1. What a wonderful sketch, and your neighborhood looks idyllic. OK, get your guest room ready! (not really quite yet, but please say hi to Rudy for me)

  2. Anonymous Says:

    i agree. this is a great sketch and i love the fall colours in it.

  3. Linda Says:

    This is wonderful. And you're right -- we do all this great sketching of our travels, and never of our own neighborhoods. Good idea!

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Great sketch...how does it feel to roam your own streets again after quite some time of being away from it...there's no place like home, no?
    ronell

mARTa's Art | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com