From the Left Bank along the Seine, Paris

Monday, November 5, 2007 at 2:53 PM
After leaving Sante Chapelle with it's jewel box glow, we crossed the river to the left bank and walked along the quai toward the Musée d'Orsay. This wonderful museum in an old train station has many fine examples of French Impressionism. My favorites are the Degas pastels. Rudy fell in love with Whistler's Mother!

This sketch is from one of the bridges on the way to the Orsay. The view was magnificent, so Paris, with the Louvre on the right bank. It was a bit windy and cold but I felt so happy to be standing there sketching where possibly many others have stood before.


From the Left Bank of the Seine, Paris

5 comments

  1. Deborah Says:

    I love this sketch and to think that perhaps I too stood in this same spot on my way to the d'Orsay. Thanks for reminding me of a beautiful memory.

  2. This one's a stunner, Marta! I love the colors - I'm glad you got such beautiful weather.

  3. Sandy Says:

    Simply glorious, the view and the sketch, I can tell you are 'extending' your vaca as I did ;-)

  4. sandy Says:

    Hi Marta, I've enjoyed seeing all your sketches from your trip. I've been short on time lately so haven't commented much. Your work is beautiful. Welcome home.

    sandy

    p.s. I'm enjoying your links on your sidebar. (plus adding to my link list the ones I really like)

  5. Gorgeous capture of a much loved scene, Marta. Love your water and those autumn trees. I'd love to tread in your footsteps right now.

mARTa's Art | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com