Imaginary Roses

Thursday, June 14, 2007 at 12:21 PM

imaginary roses, originally uploaded by mmvgonzales.

I am waiting for my niece and the little ones and Dianne and her daughter and grandson to arrive for an afternoon of cooling off in the pool. I made ice cream (nutella gelato), lots of fruit and chips and dip!
While waiting I had a little time to play with my new colours! This little sketch of imaginary roses is done wet in wet using opera rose and quinacridone red along with some old favorites like winsor violet, cad lemon, cobalt blue and hooker's green.

2 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:

    This painting is so beautiful - soft, but bright too.

    I have to dig out my tube of Opera now. You've inspired me!

  2. R K Says:

    Nicely impressionistic.

mARTa's Art | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com