Ciao Italia

Sunday, October 21, 2007 at 9:16 AM
It's time to say arriverdeci to Italy.  Rome was wonderful and exciting and we were fortunate to have great weather.  Florence was bitterly cold but even so we were able to enjoy this city which is full of artistic history.  Today we slept in and then decided on the Piti Palace as it was an indoor place to be.  Our plans for a picnic at the piazzele Michelangelo overlooking Florence and it's Ponte Vecchio and the Duomo were drizzled out.  We are experiencing cold like we are not used to at home.   So it was the palace today which holds great works of art, a glimpse at the Boboli Gardens from the windows and then onto a wonderful lunch near the palace where we enjoyed some vino and good pastas and pizza.  We then walked to Santa Croce church but they charged to go in and so we just sat on the church steps to rest for a bit before heading back to the B&B.  Amy and I went out again to mingle in the crowds and have some hot chcolate and pastery and panne cotta.  A slow walk back and we are ready to pack and get on our way in the morning to Barcelona.
I did a sketch in the resturant today because anything outside was just too cold.  Hopefull in Spain I might get some wireless connection, if not, be assured I am happy with my quick illustrations and will post when I can.  


How to keep me happy...could take a lifetime to learn....and still be worth it.
 

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

4 comments

  1. Arriverdeci, Marta xoxo
    I'm looking forward to Barcelona and Paris through your eyes. And thank you, I'm loving my Smalt. As for your other gifts - I'm waiting for the sun to reappear. What a wonderful and thoughtful treats! Thank you.

  2. I'm so happy that Robyn wrote about you and your blog--now I've found another wonderful place to visit :)

  3. The weather here is pretty chilly too - I hope it warms up before your visit. Looking forwar to seeing you...

  4. panna cotta.... delicious!!

mARTa's Art | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com